SoundTouch Amplifier System: Connect the versatile Bose SoundTouch SA-4 amplifier system to your choice of loudspeakers and enjoy wireless access to Internet radio, Pandora,and your music library. The SoundTouch SA-4 consists of three components; a 100W x 2Ch amp with DSP, a network adapter with wired and wireless connectivity, and a wireless RF remote controller.
100W x 2Ch Amplifier w/ DSP: The Bose SoundTouch SA-4 amplifier is rated at 100 watts x 2 channels (in 6-ohm, at 30-15kHz, with 0.5% THD). The amplifier features Bose proprietary digital signal processing technology, digital volume control, and thermal overload protection. The amplifier feature screw-type speaker terminals; connect only 8- or 6-ohm speakers to the amplifier with 18- to 14-gauge speaker wire.
Wireless or Wired Network Connection: The SoundTouch SA-4 amplifier includes a network adapter that offers a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection to your home network. The network adapter features a rear-panel Ethernet (R-J45) port and built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g). The system’s network connection must be setup initially from your Windows or Mac computer using the Bose SoundTouch App and the included microUSB-to-USB cable. The included network adapter must be plugged into the SA-4 amplifier’s Bose Link input on the rear-panel. The network adapter has a wireless rang of 70′.
Note: The network adapter connects to the SA-4 amplifier with a 6′ proprietary cable. Make sure to place the SA-4 amplifier so that the network adapter is within range of your WiFi router or network access point.
SoundTouch App (for Windows/Mac computer): The SoundTouch app for Windows & Macintosh is required for initial setup of the Bose SoundTouch SA-4. The SoundTouch app lets you setup and control the SoundTouch SA-4 from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac computer (OS X 10.6.8+). Simply install the SoundTouch app onto your computer on your home network and use the app to setup the SoundTouch amplifier, network adapter, and remote controller to your wireless or wired home network. Once setup is complete, you can use this app to explore Internet radio, select online music services, or your music library from your home network and computer on the Bose SoundTouch SA-4.
SounTouch Controllers: There are two ways to control the Bose SoundTouch SA-4 amplifier. You can use the included SoundTouch controller or the free SoundTouch Controller App on your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- SoundTouch Controller Remote: The SoundTouch RF remote controller’s unique design offers intuitive controls that give you immediate access to your music, so you don’t need to use your smartphone, tablet, or computer. You can adjust the volume, skip or pause songs, and turn the SoundTouch system on or off, from across the room. The remote operates off of RF and has a range of approximately 70′. The SoundTouch controller is powered by four standard “AA” batteries. With typical usage, they should last 6 to 12 months When the batteries get below a certain point, the controller’s OLED display will indicate that it’s time to replace them. A wall-mount bracket and hardware are included mount the remote controller to a wall.
- SoundTouch Controller App (for Apple iOS/Android): Download the free SoundTouch Controller app (from the iTunes Apps store or Google Play Store) onto your Apple iOS (iOS 5.0+) or Android (4.0.3+) device so you can control the volume of the Bose SoundTouch SA-4 amplifier and your streaming sources from your mobile device. You’ll be able to control music streaming from Internet radio, available online music services, and your computer’s music library
Variety Of Music Sources: The SoundTouch SA-4 supports a variety of music options; including Internet Radio, Pandora Radio, music files stored on your computer, and stored music/music apps on your Apple iOS device.
- Internet Radio + Pandora: The SoundTouch SA-4 lets you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora Radio online music service. Currently Pandora is the only online music service available, but more music services will be added in the future.
- Music Stored On Your Computer: The SoundTouch SA-4 can play back MP3, WMA, and AAC music files that are managed by iTunes or Windows Media Player on your Windows or Mac computer. Your computer must be connected to the same wired or wireless home network as the SoundTouch SA-4.
- AirPlay for iOS devices: You are able to stream stored music and music apps from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the SoundTouch Wi-Fi music systems via AirPlay. You can also stream your entire iTunes music library on your laptop/desktop computer using Apple’s free Remote app for iPod touch/iPhone/iPad. Your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad must have iOS 4.3 or later installed and connected to the same wireless home network as the SoundTouch music system.
Note: You cannot stream music stored on an Android phone or from apps on an Android phone to the Bose SoundTouch system.
Six Presets: You can personalize six presets to your favorite streaming music services (Pandora) and Internet radio stations, or playlists, artists, albums, and songs from your computer’s music library. The presets can easily be set, changed, and accessed directly on the system or with the free SoundTouch app on your computer or iOS/Android device. You cannot set presets for AirPlay or the Aux input.
Multi-Room Compatible: You can link up to four SoundTouch music systems together for a multi-room/multi-source audio experience. You are able to play the same music source or different music source on each SoundTouch system, using the SoundTouch app on your computer or iOS/Android device.
USB Ports (Setup Only): The USB type-A and type-B connectors on the back of the included network adapter are for setup only. These connectors are not designed to playback or charge smartphones, tablets, thumbdrives, or other similar devices.
Dimensions & Weight:
- Amplifier: 14.25″ (w) x 4.25″ (h) x 5.5″ (d); 11.0 lbs
- Network Adapter: 2.5″ (w) x 2.0″ (h) x 9.375″ (d); 12.0 oz
- Remote Controller: 4.125″ (diameter) x 1.125″ (depth); 8.0 oz